Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My job is job-hunting...

I have been attempting to land a job for a week now, and although this seems a very short amount of time, I am already becoming frustrated. I know I should have seen this coming, especially since friends of mine have gone months without finding a job after graduation, but I am still perplexed. I am not looking for a career job, I am simply after a part-time, easy job that will keep me occupied and give me a little side money while I prepare for Med School. Am I too qualified? Am I not what they are looking for? I'm not sure, but I do know a few things:


1. I am a college graduate
2. I held the same job for over 8 years
3. I had good grades in high school and college


These qualities should count for something, right? I often wonder when I am turning in applications if it works for me, or against me that my major was Biology...sure, it means I succeeded in completing a difficult major, but is this what retail and customer service based jobs are looking for? Yea big deal you can name the bones in the body, but can you sell someone clothes and work a register??? 


I'm not entirely job exhausted yet, but when you never even hear a courtesy "thanks, but you're not what we are looking for" phone call I begin to become suspicious that no one is even considering my employment requests. Guess that's the name of the game, and I'm not the first, nor will I be the last, college graduate irritated by this job conundrum. Give us poor college grads a break, huh!  


Also, it's raining and gloomy as usual.  







No comments:

Post a Comment